- SpartaJobs: Register on SpartaJobs to gain access to internships, part-time/full-time jobs, and on-campus opportunities exclusively for SJSU students. *Registering with the Career Center is separate from your registration and use of MySJSU.
- Drop-In advising: Get help choosing a major, starting your internship search, exploring different career options, reviewing your resume, or with tips for your job search. Typically, drop-in advising is a 10-15 minute session. No appointment is necessary, check out our calendar for dates and times.
- One-on-one counseling: Meet with one of our career consultants to discuss your job search, major exploration, internships and more.
- Employer connections: We host Job Fairs and other employer connection events where you can gain access to numerous organizations.
- Workshops: Attend workshops on topics such as- resume, interviewing, internships, job search, and more. For more details, see our calendar.
- Virtual Tools: Learn and develop skills with our online virtual tools including: Exploring Majors and Careers Tutorial, Resume Tool Kit, and Perfect Interview. Connect with us via our blog and our Facebook Fanpage for career-related information from employers, students, and counselors.
3. Do you offer services after graduation? Upon graduation you can fill out our membership application to receive one complimentary semester immediately after your graduation. Alumni may pay a reduced fee for continued membership. See our Eligibilty section for more details.
4. How can I find an internship? The Career Center has a variety of online resources in addition to our general services including:
- Internship Video Series: Employers and students address questions about internships and highlight their own tips and strategies for getting an internship in this video series.
- Web resources: Check out the Internships section of our web as well as our Resources by Major for additional internship and job search related information.
5. Where is the Career Center located? The SJSU Career Center is located on campus between the Business Tower and ATM’s, across from the Student Union and 10th Street. See the campus map for more details.
We hope that this answers some of your questions about the Career Center. We look forward to working with you this year. For more information connect with us via our website, facebook, blog or call 408.924.6031. Good luck during the new academic year!